ART installation is performed by deploying the art.war archive in a java application server and (optionally) creating a few tables in a database.
- an application server (Servlet/JSP API 2.5/2.1 compliant), like Tomcat.
- (optional) a database in which to create tables for the ART Repository. You can use the embedded sample hsqldb database.
You'll be asked to define ART properties (you can leave default values):
- Download the latest art-x.y.zip release from the download area
- (optional) Open the readme.txt file to know how to create the ART Repository tables using the sql scripts inside the art-x.y.zip archive. A ready-to-use, sample hsqldb ART repository is now embedded and can be used with no configuration.
- Deploy the art.war archive in the application server
- Connect to
... that's all!
The next steps are to define users, datasources and queries!
A detailed installation manual is available with the application, or on the ART Wiki