ART stands for A Reporting Tool.
ART is a lightweight, multi-platform, web application that enables quick deployment of SQL query results. It has features that make it a simple yet effective reporting and business intelligence solution.
Once an SQL query is ready, it can be published through ART in a few minutes. Authorised users can then log in and view the results in the browser.
Some of the features of ART include
- Providing reports via a web browser
- A number of report types e.g. tabular, charts
- A number of output formats e.g. xlsx, pdf
- Ability to have multiple reports in a single page (dashboards)
- Schedule reports
- Use existing authentication systems e.g. LDAP, Active Directory
- Simple to install, administer and use
- Open source
ART is a Java web application. You can run it on any operating system that has Java, and use any modern browser to view and manage reports. You can get detailed installation instructions here.